Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's Overish...

The storm wasn't bad, just a severe thunder storm. The lightening is very bright and the thunder is DEAP and loud. I think it is actually kind of fun to watch, open the door and hear the rain pound the ground. However with Bo getting so scared it kind of ruins the fun. We put him in his kennel in our room and crank up the TV to try and cover the noise.

Tonight there has been an industrial explosion at a sugar refiner (they make Dixie Crystal Sugar) ~5 miles from our house. We can see the orange sky lit up from our back porch. Apparently there are ~100 people injured/burned but they have not found any fatalities yet. Good reminder and a bit scary since I work in the industrial line of work. Hopefully everyone will recover fine, but a bit of caos in the area currently.

2 comments:

Sand Castle said...

so glad you guys are ok out there, it is crazy how bad the storms have been. We are still looking forward to visiting! :)

theallens said...

Kinda of odd but Alice (the new env at Halsey) went to school with someone that works at the sugar palnt. Apparently she was hurt in the explosion, but Alice doesn't know how bad (that's no all Alice doesn't know environmentally speaking). If I learn anything I'll let you know.