Friday, March 28, 2008

My New Toy

My new toy was delivered today...a John Deer riding lawn mower. I will enjoy mowing the lawn a lot more when we haven't let the weeds/grass get 6 inches tall waiting to buy a lawn mower. The dust/pollen flying through the air made me stop after the front yard and take a shower. Austin put on pants and did the back yard, then touched up the front because he "wasn't done with his ride yet."
















Our next project...Now that you can see into our back yard over the weeds we are going to start "The Fence Project Part II." This involves building a fence on the back property line and taking down the fence I am leaning against in the picture. It will give us a nice view of the trees, and give the puppies some more room to run/dig etc that is not lawn. How to teach them the appropriate places to dig and not to dig, that is the question. Anyone every successfully do this? If so please share how!







2 comments:

Esther said...

That looks like fun ~ I may even want to try it when we're there!

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Just wanted to say CONGRATS, Auntie and Uncle! :)

I can't let Brook look at this post. He wants a "ride" too!