Tuesday, January 6, 2009

IT Happened!

Last night we came home after the gym. I got into the shower to clean up before cooking dinner. I soaped up my hair, leaned back to wash it out and opened my eyes. What did I see? A palmetto bug (aka cock roach!) climbing out of the ceiling fan and climbing around the vent over my head. I am not a squeamish girl, I have no issues with the spider, lizards, etc that frequent the back porch and even the house from time to time, but a cockroach! That is beyond my comfort level.
We knew it would come one day, everyone else around here as them from time to time. It is part of the sacrifice to having 80 degree weather in January (yeah it was 80 degrees today, no coat in the morning when I went to work at 6 and it was 68 degrees). Just to clarify the average for this month is a high of 60 and low of 45, it is just a little warmer than normal this week and last.
So needless to say Austin called Terminix and they'll be here Thursday to re-spray including the attic since he'll be home. And I look up every time before I walk into that section of the bathroom.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Holy cow that would freak me out!! So sorry, but since you are in the nice 80 degree weather I dont feel so bad for you! haha! About your comment, yes we are loving the Wii but we dont have Mario cart yet. We have been looking all over for it and Wii fit but they are out all over! We will let you know once we find it so Ty can play online with Austin! Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New years! :)

Sarah said...

Gross! Wait a second, you can play Wii online with other people? Awesome. We've got Wii fit and totally love it. We should play you guys sometime...

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

As my kid Reid would say, "Nappy!". I still remember that one in college...gross!

I guess it's payback for all of that warm weather! We don't even have fleas in Alaska! :)

Esther said...

Yuck! Cockroaches just seem so yucky! I'm sure they must have a purpose in life.
What else is happening there? Does Rajah like to chase your bugs? (Or do the puppies?)