Friday, February 11, 2011

Surprise

100_0303

Some of my coworkers had a surprise baby shower for us today at the end of the day.  Austin knew about it because they asked him to come join. 

100_0306

Held in the large conference room it was a nice gathering of people and very relaxed and fun. 

100_0307

People gave us advice like keep the car at least half full of fuel (the hospital for delivery is ~40 minutes away and one of them had to stop for fuel while in labor) and start a scholarship fund with a large debate on which SEC school it should be for.

100_0315

Cute overall outfit, we received many nice and thoughtful gifts for Zachary that we were not expecting. 

100_0305

I am about to finish week 35 and start week 36.  Finishing week 36 will be a good milestone.  I have been having contractions every 2 minutes for just over a week now.  I have to stay off my feet and while I am allowed to work, I just stay in my office or the front conference rooms.  When I get home I sit or lay, Austin even cooked this week.  As long as I stay resting they are not too painful, but sometimes they are regardless.  And I don’t do well with sitting around, but the increase pain reminds me quickly that I need to rest.  It was nice to have a fun light hearted event today. 

3 comments:

Esther said...

How fun and sweet! And you look adorable! I am getting so excited to see him - it will be hard to wait until the end of April!!

Janna said...

Yay! Pictures of my adorable sister with a baby in her belly!

You look great!

T.J. & Becca Wuth said...

I found your blog, and looks like just in the nick of time! Congratulations on your baby boy! I used to think there was nothing better than having a baby girl; then I had a baby boy!! There is nothing better than either! Congratulations!