Sunday, December 30, 2007

List

Top Things we Learned About Georgia after Moving Here

1. There is no such thing as a delicious block of cheese, everything is cheese sauce. You can buy an over priced not tasty small block of cheese in some grocery stores. So have the Tillamook ready when we come home!

2. The Jetta leaks in the heavy rain storms here. Austin removed all the seats and removed the carpet to let it dry. We had a thunderstorm last night and the metal floor is wet again. We will have to figure out where it is coming from. It could handle day in day out rain in Oregon, but apparently the rain here is more advanced at getting into cars.

3. Coffee has not taken over the people here, they are still drug less happy people. There are 2 cafes in town that serve lattes etc but they are both closed on Sunday. There is actually no where in town to get a mocha or latte on Sunday's. Brock perhaps you should move here and start the addiction.

4. It feels really good to take an evening walk in December in shorts and a t-shirt.

5. They have cherry taffy and pecan candies, Cherry taffy is DELICIOUS so is the pecan candy.

6. We have not once gone out to a restaurant and had the check come, then give our card to pay. The people are fairly slow paced so we end up handing our card to the waiter and asking them to run the bill. Odd.

7. People really do like fried Chicken, it is the coffee of the South.

8. Sweet tea is good, and slightly addictive.

9. If you went to the DMV to get a driver's license you would be incorrect. You have to go to the county DMV to get your car tags, but go to the DDS (department of driver services) to get a license, don't ask how we know.

10. Watching military jets practice doesn't get old.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Sweet tea forever! I got addicted to it on my trips to Ohio. It is sweet nectar. Some people complain that it gives them lockjaw due to the sweetness, but I say they are weak!

Happy New Year.

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

...no Tillamook?...no coffee?

I don't know, the fact that you don't have to wear a coat in December might make up for it!

I love your new house!

Burien Wuth Family said...

I'll work on that coffee problem for you guys. In the mean time, I can probably ship you some Starbucks beans if you've got a grinder and drip coffee maker. I should have brought you some for Grandpa's birthday bash. Alas, hindsight is 20/20.