Sunday, January 6, 2008

Golf Carts Gone Crazy

This topic could have been on the list of 10 things we learned about Georgia, but I thought it deserved it's own post.

I have come to understand that it is not only the fried chicken that gives the average southerner a little extra insulation. They also take their evening walks in golf carts. People of all ages (~10 to 100) drive around the neighborhoods in golf carts. They stop and chat with each other or people our doing yard work and just stroll around in their golf cart.

They even walk their dog out of the golf cart. I am not joking, they put their dog on a long leash they sit comfortably in the golf cart and cruise along at 5 MPH or so and let the dog get some exercise.

These golf carts are not used on golf courses, there sole purpose is for neighborhood transportation. It is crazy!

The neighbors went by walking their dog on a golf cart so I went out to take a picture but I was a little late and felt a little odd so I took a picture of the sky at sunset ~6:00 PM.