Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pregnancy and Nursery Update

I had a doctor’s appointment today at 31.5 weeks.  Baby is doing well and has a normal strong heart beat (146 BPM), blood pressure and all the other tests are looking good (I am of course anemic but that’s not new to pregnancy).  Unfortunately I am still progressing along toward delivery but slowly.  So far all the FFN tests have been negative, they did another one today.  For those of you new to that type of thing if the test comes back negative it is a very high percentage that you will not go into labor in the next two weeks.  If it comes back positive then I would have to start steroids and other treatments to hopefully avoid but be prepared for an early delivery.

And instead of giving me the strong sense to rest which I should be doing this has just made me extremely anxious to have the nursery ready for Jeremiah.  We have been working on how we will decorate and trying to find/buy all the stuff we need. 

IMG_2354 

I love this blanket, we are having a lot of giraffes in there some are the modern yellow/grey color items and others are the burnt orange/brown combo. 

IMG_2360

The pile of stuff on the floor is our hospital packing pile.  It isn’t in a bag yet, but everything we need is either in the pile or on a list next to it to grab.   We are trying to resist buying an I-Pad for the hospital stay and new born months.  Neither of us have smart phone so we have to haul the lap top and charger to the hospital with us and the I-Pad just sounds so much easier.  Zachary’s overnight bag is completely packed and he is all ready.  It will be the first time he has ever stayed the night away from both Austin and me.   

IMG_2351

Here is a close up of the picture on the far wall in the above photo, this picture along with a matching elephant one on the other side of the window were from Etsy. 

IMG_2357

IMG_2355

Closet organizer set up and starting to fill up with stuff including this…

IMG_2356

Hospital outfit for Jeremiah, next time we photo this it will be on our baby.  We also purchased the curtains and a 7 foot giraffe decal that we will hopefully  put up this coming weekend if we can find time.  We still have a ways to go but it is nice to make progress toward a completed room. 

IMG_2365

And even though this is a pregnancy/nursery update blog I can’t resist posting pictures of Zachary in all his cuteness.  Here he is holding “big carrot” helping dada do the dishes.

IMG_2362

Looking confused at me on why I keep taking his pictures.

IMG_2363

And then on the attack with big carrot as a weapon.  He it at such a fun age where we are just enjoying teaching him new things and watching him understand.  There is also a lot of him laughing , he enjoys dancing and laughing which are both very entertaining for us.  

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hang in there Janelle. Love the giraffe nursery theme! Who will be watching Zachary while you're in the hospital?

Janna said...

1. Nursery looks so cute!
2. Print from etsy is fantastic!
3. You bought your son a giant carrot toy! HILARIOUS & AWESOME!!

Esther said...

Lookin good!! Zach is already looking so big - he will look like a giant when you bring Jeremiah home!