Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Old Befana's Day

Zachary wasted no time in finding his gifts outside his door yesterday morning to celebrate Old Befana's day.  
He also wasted no time in finding Jeremiah's gifts and bringing them into his room.  

Which was fine because Jeremiah had been up for a couple hours and hadn't even noticed them (Z usually gets up around 8 if the neighbor dogs let him sleep and Jeremiah gets up around 6:30).  

They each received a new towel and book.  


Then we had a delicious Old Befana breakfast, which included making a dozen "Egg McMuffins" in order to have breakfast all week.

Austin fries an egg and makes an english muffin egg sandwich almost every day for breakfast before work.  For Christmas I purchased this whoopie pan in order to make them ahead of time and in an easier way (they all bake in the oven in 15 minutes and are the perfect circle for the english muffin).  We didn't have a 12 dozen muffin pan anyway but that would work too.  

Zachary was in a bad mood at the beginning of breakfast, I can't remember why, but he grew out of it quickly.  

Austin's sandwich with ham and sharp american cheese (the real McDonald's way). 

My sandwich with no ham and Tillamook cheddar cheese (the good way).  Once they are all put together we wrap in wax paper and then put them all in a zip lock bag either in the fridge or freezer depending on how quickly we will eat them.  Then each morning take one out and put it in the microwave for a minute and you have a fresh tasting breakfast packed with protein and whole grains.  Much better than the McDonald's drive through.  And we have our Starbuck's iced coffee recipes made by the pitcher to pour and go each morning.  Delicious!


In other news, I go back to work today.  It will be nice to get back into a "normal" schedule and routine but I am just not quite ready.  Thankfully my boss is working with me to ease back into it and I will be part time this week (which is why I am blogging at 8:30 in the morning while Jeremiah naps and Z plays).  Zachary started going back to daycare last Wednesday and it was rough, it will be hard to leave Jeremiah there too today.   I will miss them so much, but I am very grateful to get out of the house and help with the cabin fever feeling.  And I am sure they will both be sick frequently in the near future which will allow me to work from home with them for a day or two at a time.  


3 comments:

jennyrosenberger said...

Yay for Grover's First Day at School! We read that about 5 times a day at our house. I also really like that you're looking forward to the inevitable sick days due to daycare contagion! Very positive.

Janna said...

Happy Old Befana Day! We got the boys new underwear, cause they needed it and they were actually super excited about it - ha! We also had cinnamon rolls.

I hope your first day back to work goes well!

Esther said...

I'm glad you do Old Befana Day!! We haven't done it since all you kids left. I may have to start it again!
Hope work goes well and they stay well!!