Saturday, September 28, 2013

New Blog Title

Yep, Zachary took over the computer and changed the title to the blog.  He was offended.  
Of course he did not do that, although it is interesting how quickly his little mind can learn things and do things that so many fully developed people cannot.  

There were two reasons to change the blog title.  One was that it was too long and a bit overwhelming to read.  The other was that we don't think we have all three animals anymore.  Rajah has not been seen since in over three weeks.  When we returned from Oregon she was not home.  Our neighbor, who watched the dogs for us said their little boy played with Rajah almost every day and they put extra food out for her because she was getting low.  So she must have left the day we got home or just before.  And she may come back someday or she may be in kitty heaven.  


Here are a couple classic sleeping baby pictures from about a month ago, I love sleeping babies.  


They are just too precious.  

And finally a picture of our family chillin' at the lake after church watching our friends get baptized.  Interesting fact we learned this day.  If you peel the flesh off of a pecan nut that just dropped out of the tree with your fingernails it will quickly die them yellow and turn to brown in minutes.  It is a stain that will last until your nail grows out no matter how much scrubbing is done.  

Additional interesting fact we learned this day, they keep small alligators in the lake to eat the snakes.  Then as they get the size where they might think about biting a human they move them to a different lake and bring in new alligators.  

So now you know why we updated our blog title and that Rajah is likely not coming back this time.  
This is a picture of her in August.  


3 comments:

Esther said...

You have such interesting things in the South! I don't think I'd want to go in any lake with baby alligators!

Rajah will be missed! I wonder how old she was- over 10 years at least!

Cheryl said...

That is such a good picture of your family! Also, thank you for letting us know about Rajah. She has been in your family for a long time.

Janna said...

CUTE pictures! I love seeing your house in them too. Like, I hadn't realized Jeremiah had those adorable chevron print sheets. His 11 month old pics are AWESOME! Happy, big, sweet, adorable baby!!!!

Sorry to hear about Rajah. And of course, I'm with mom - I don't care how small the alligators are, I would not even get out of the car at that lake...