Monday, December 23, 2013

Janelle's Birthday Weekend

To start the weekend I ran the Savannah Rock N Roll half marathon.  


The best part was Austin and the babies came down and encouraged me at a few of the hardest portions of the course.  It takes a lot of energy to pack up both babies and hang out outside in the historic district with crowds of people.  Austin is an impressive daddy!


I beat my goal and ran the entire 13.1 miles.  I actually had to run about a mile to the start line and arrived just before we the starting gun because my bib was at home after the first time I arrived with some coworkers.  They joked that they were going to get me the 14.2 sticker.  



And similar to everything in Savannah the race is another reason to have a big party outside.  People tailgated and hung out all day.  It was a perfect day.  


I love 'Miah's face in this picture!

We headed back to the finish line to watch my coworker and our friend Shawn finish the full marathon.  The above picture is the last half marathon finisher, I believe he was almost 80, impressive.  


Then on the Sunday we relaxed as a family at the house.  
Z and I made me a birthday cake.  He loves to bake, I believe this is because he realizes it leads to tasty treats.  




I still like the plain white cake with a powdered sugar frosting.  Z did the sprinkles.  


We had Pink House mashed potatoes, jello, rolls, and chicken for dinner. 




After dinner and cake we went upstairs to play where Jeremiah decided he would attempt to walk.  You saw that post earlier.  


It was a memorable birthday weekend where my babies and Austin made me feel loved.  

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations, Janelle, on running a half marathon! We didn't know you were doing long distance running!