Bo as Bat Dog for Halloween. We only had 2 groups of trick or treaters at our apartment. Bo loves giving out play dough to the kids. Well actually he loves all the attention the kids give him when he is dressed up giving out treats. I think he believes Halloween is a holiday for everyone to stop by and appreciate what a great dog he is. So Halloween was a bit disappointing for us since we are use to getting dressed up for a party one night, having a few pumpkin carving days, and having close to a hundred trick or treaters come by on the 31st. With the move we didn't do much, but next year we will have to do twice as much. I meant to get a picture of the pumpkin patches out here, they are NOT pumpkin patches. They are a pile of pumpkins placed in a church or store lawn. Silly south.
We have gone to the Effingham county fair, and a couple seafood festivals since we have been here. I brought the camera today to the River Street Seafood Festival. Here are some pictures of the buildings etc down town Savannah.

There are these historical markers all over town. They tell the history of the square or buildings around. We haven't read many of them, we figured that when people visit we will stop and do more of the tourist type stuff. Savannah was the first city in Georgia and was the original capital. It was established in 1733, it is amazing the difference in history here compared to Oregon.
There were speed boat races as part of the festival. One of the guys from the mill races and had the boat out at the mill last week doing a fund raiser for United Way. I enjoyed watching much more than I expected. It is hard to see from the pictures.

Austin enjoying some freshly fried potato chips and shrimp. You can find anything you want FRIED in Georgia. The hard thing is finding fresh good food, but we have found some good places.

Janelle at the River street market, we love the palm trees around. I still can't believe I should put on short when I go outside in November, so yeah I was hot all afternoon. When we got back to the apartment we sat outside by the pool and read, it wasn't quit warm enough at that point for us to swim, but plenty warm to lay in the sun in swim suits.

The streets down by the river are old brick or stone, very beautiful, however difficult to walk on without tripping.
The best candy store in town!


We found a house that we like and should be able to move in late November or early December. It is in the perfect location in a nice neighborhood and there are a couple guest bedrooms. The location in is South Effingham county at the edge of Rincon. It would take Austin 20-30 min with traffic to get to work if he works in Savannah area and me 15 min to get to the mill. Here is a picture as you walk in the front door, we will try to get some more in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment