A picture of Austin and Zachary on the back porch in honor of Father’s Day. We decided to start a tradition of “The Dad Book” for Father’s day this year. Each year the kids will make Austin a page in the book of something they want to make. I’m sure there will be a few years of “drawings” or other creative things in here which will be fun to look back on. In addition to the book we will try to do some sort of breakfast for him each year because he loves relaxing mornings with a good breakfast on the back porch. Plus we thought it was a better way to spend the day than with presents.
For this year we wrapped up the book because he had never seen it and on the front of the brown paper was a picture of Z holding a balloon that said Happy Father’s Day. And we went easy with breakfast by baking a butter braid.
For the actual page in the book I helped Z this year. We made a high five for Austin on a piece of paper and then we printed some pictures of events over the past year with Z and daddy. I also put in a picture of Baby X because I am sure he would want to appreciate his daddy this year too. The top left picture is the picture of Austin and Zachary on Father’s Day last year, he has grown a lot in a year.
We were out of town on Mother’s Day this year so we didn’t do all the traditions but Austin (oops, I mean Zachary) started the Mom book for me as well this year.
Pictures from Z’s first Halloween, on the Safari at Disney World’s Animal Park, at the party on his first birthday, and him cuddling on me when we stayed on St. Simon’s Island and he got sick. In the center in a picture that Austin had Zachary draw (with Sharpies so I knew there had been some craft time based on the stained hands =).
We had a great day today with the morning traditions and then spend the day on the beach which I will blog about later in the week.
1 comment:
I LOVE the book idea!! Fun for the kids and such a great memory for the mom and dad! And then there's no stress about "what to get for a Dad who has everything he needs", etc.
Great idea!
Post a Comment