The entrance to Disney's Magic Kingdom. From the hotel we stayed at it was a straight drive about two miles and then into the parking lot for Magic Kingdom.
Jeremiah and I eating breakfast at the hotel in his Mickey onsie from our friend Lauren (she made this).
We arrived at the main entrance about 10 minutes before the opening ceremonies, perfect time to get sunscreen on the boys and get ready for the day. Z sat on Austin's shoulders to watch the show. You can see the dancers on the stage in the middle of the picture and then Mickey and the other characters ride the steam train in the station and the park opens.
Our first stop was to meet Mickey, we were third in line. Z was excited but acted more in shock at his existence. He stared at Mickey and didn't want to look away.
Even for the family picture he just wanted to watch Mickey.
It was cute to see him with Mickey but he was less outwardly excited with Mickey than with the other characters. I think because he was a little shocked or taken back by actually meeting Mickey and that was the first character he met.
Then we went out to Main Street and Pluto was greeting people in the circle. Z really wanted to go up to Pluto and see him and didn't understand the wait in line concept. We got in line, then he pulled me out and started walking away, I thought he was bored and wanted to go. But he just walked around the back of the circle and tried to pull me to Pluto that way. So we got in line again.
Giving Pluto a kiss.
Watching the Mickey show at the castle (and making his sun face). He was enthralled and didn't take his eyes off the show...until the princesses came out. Then he was done, literally. Oddly when they came out and started doing their song I was bored and thought, I am glad I have boys and don't have to go to all the princess stuff here. He just reaffirmed that thought when he started to climb off Austin's shoulders and said "all done."
Long day walking 15 miles around the park. Yep, I wore my pedometer for work and put over 15 miles on it while at Disney for the day.
Little Jere bear on Tom Sawyer's Island with dada. This was one of Zachary's favorite things at Disney (good suggestion Sarah). Z ran all around the island and enjoyed picking up the rocks and sticks of course.
And then the babies both took an afternoon nap while we were walking around. Z was almost falling asleep as he was walking on Tom's Island. He was so excited about playing in the water the day before it wasn't as relaxing a day as I thought I had planned so he was done.
Our abnormally large 6 month old. We had many people ask us if they were twins. At first I secretly judge the people thinking "are you crazy, one is 6 months and the other 2 year." But then I looked at them from standing in front of the stroller (glance at picture above), they stuck out about the same and with Jeremiah's hat along with his face being tucked into the stroller they did look like they could be twins. So I quick criticizing the comments and politely said, no but they are close in size.
We spent the time while the boys were napping walking to the different frozen treat stands to get Austin his frozen treats.
We found a spot for the parade and waited for it to start. A marching band came down the road ahead of the parade and woke up Z so he was ready when Mickey came bye on the opening float.
Z and Austin checking out Snow White as her float went bye.
Jeremiah and me hanging in Santa's sleigh outside the Christmas Shoppe. It was a great viewing spot for the parade in case anyone else is going soon.
Then we took the train around the park, Z said train every time the train whistle blew all day, but was a little scared to actually get on the train.
Family photo on Peter Pan's flight. We road almost all the rides that didn't have a height requirement. Neither of the babies were scared on any of the rides. I was surprised Z wasn't scared on Pirate's of the Caribbean. Had I remembered it was pitch black for about 30 seconds and then went into a small drop I probably wouldn't have taken him on, but he didn't care at all.
Z and me on the Dumbo ride, although you can't actually see the Elephants I promise that is what we were riding in this picture.
Z was able to meet Goofy and Donald Duck in one short line. Daisy and Minnie are also in the room on the other side so he could see them, but we didn't wait in line for him to go up and "meet" them. You can't see it in the video but he started doing Goofy's hot dog dance and Goofy danced back with him, it was adorable.
Meeting Donald Duck, Z was hopping around being a little goofy.
At the park for 12 hours and just about ready to head home.
Playing in the hotel as we prepped to drive home Monday morning.
Jeremiah chillin' in a king sized bed.
The hotel had glass elevators and we were 15 floors up. I'll be honest, when we first got their and rode up on Saturday they kind of scared me. Z was not scared and actually thought it was cool. I figured that was a good sign for the rides at Disney.
It was a fantastic day and so much fun for us to be able to see Zachary's enjoyment at meeting some of his favorite characters. At the end of the day we went in one of the larger shops and let him pick out something to take home. He picked out the littlest Pluto. He has had that stuffed animal in his hand at all time except when at school since we left. Apparently Pluto made a good impact on him that morning for him to want "Puddo" as his toy at the end of the day.









2 comments:
What a fun family day!! You are lucky to be so close. The most fun of those places is watching the kids enjoy it!
Looks like a really fun day. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Hopefully you weren't too tired the next day.
Post a Comment