Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fence Project


We decided to build a fence to keep the dogs in the woods and the yard for the babies to play in with out wholes and other dog items.  Also, I feel like I have to watch them too closely in the woods in case there is a critter out there they would find.  This project has been a work in progress.  It was started at the end of last year and we did 4-6 hour blocks of work on it a couple times.  We still need to cut the posts down (Austin wants to make sure Daisy can't jump over it first) and add the top tension wire.  But it has been functional for a while so I am going to blog about it now vs when it is completely finished.
Z playing while we work on the fence.  

You can see the posts are up at this point.

Jeremiah being cute on the porch, these photos were from December 30th.



Helping dada.





Filling in old post holes and prepping the land.  

Zachary making sure the dirt is good.

Building the gate a different day than the above photos.

The dogs would no longer have the back porch as shelter in a thunderstorm so we purchased dog houses for each of them.  I don't know why we got one for Bo because he loves to run in the rain.  I thought he would use it as shade when it is hot but I think he will just dig a hole in the dirt in the shade of a tree.  


Z thought the houses were fun to play in.  


Bo all settled in his new yard area.  Daisy does use the dog house when it rains, I haven't seen Bo use one yet.  He will go in there but doesn't stay.  

And here is a picture of the fence.  We wanted one that would look natural and not make a big separation between the yard and the woods so we could easily still look at the plants.  


We started the fence last year, I started writing this blog in March and the final fence pictures are from today.  

1 comment:

Esther said...

It's lookin' good! You will really be able to enjoy your yard!