Saturday, January 11, 2014

Welcome Scout

We have a new member of the household...Scout.  


Scout is our new robotic vacuum Roomba.  We were looking into getting a Roomba and different pricing/models, and then our friend Jenny posted about getting one for a good price at Costco (thanks Jenny).  A couple weeks later Scout joined our family.  


He not only vacuums my room while I am at work, he also watches our children.  Or should I say the children watch him.  Either way, they stay entertained.  

He has done very well so far, and I can't believe home much dust was under our kind sized bed!  It is nice that he vacuums under the furniture, except the couch, it has sunken over the years and Scout doesn't fit.  Also we have learned a few things about Jeremiah since we brought Scout home.  The dogs and Z all stay a few feet away and have a healthy, respectable fear of Scout.  Jeremiah on the other hand, walks straight into his path and lets Scout run into him to learn what will happen (as pictured above).  I hope he doesn't take this approach with all situations in life.  


Jeremiah was extra cute sleeping last night which prompted me to go get a photo.  Unfortunately he turned around while I was getting the camera, but still sleeping baby.  You'll notice the animals in his crib.  We line the ends of his crib with stuffed animals and then after he falls asleep we go in and realign them all to block the ends of the cribs.  Without this 'Miah will bang his head against the crib to sooth himself to sleep or back to sleep.  With the animals it is quiet and less painful I hope!

And a picture of Z dreaming away.  Our camera does nice dark shots.  I had never tried to take a photo in the dark.  His room is dark except some light from the hall peeking in.  Now I will have to try to get better photos.  I love the way they look sleeping in their cribs.  

Jeremiah has been enjoying some hand me down toys, especially the ride on Thomas the Train.  




Our big littlest baby.  



I think their hair grows faster than the average, it has only been about three weeks since their hair cut and it already is all shabby.  Although she didn't cut it as short as we would have preferred.  


Uhh-oh.  Jere has started saying "uh-oh", also one of Zachary's first words used frequently.  Jeremiah says Dada in relation to Austin and wanting Austin, he says "choo choo" for train a few other "words" like baaabaa for milk.  He also says mama but not nearly as much as dada.  


Z man has become fully absorbed with trains and cars.  He can sit and play with them by himself, with Jeremiah but his favorite is when we all go upstairs and play trains together.  


1 comment:

Esther said...

Adorable!! I love the intense "watching" looks.

I'm going to trade out my picture of J (in my window frame) for one of these. Do you have any of Z with the whiteish background that are mostly head shots?