Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BabyQ

As I mentioned earlier we hosted a BabyQ at our house for a couple from one of our small groups.  On Wednesday night a small group gets together at our friends’ house, it is mostly people from my work or kick ball.  One of the guys in the group that I work with is having a Baby in early January and that is who the party was for. 

IMG_1658

IMG_1661

I had a cute table decorated with all types of purple candy because they are doing a purple and white nursery and I love grape candy.  However before I could get all the food out the kids attached and things got ugly so I didn’t get any good pictures of the set up. 

IMG_1659

IMG_1656

IMG_1655

IMG_1650

IMG_1653

We had put up Zach’s baby gate earlier which for older kids is actually just a toy to play with.  I will be surprised if it isn’t broken after the beating it took. 

IMG_1662

Once the kids left (other than Zachary) we moved outside and sat around the campfire in quiet for a while.  It was a nice evening despite the craziness of having 10 kids running around.  Thankfully Austin’s Lego collection and my puzzle collection kept them entertained most the time (until they found the baby gate which really was the best toy of the night).  And I definitely learned a few things about hosting children so when Zachary’s birthday parties come around we’ll be ready. 

No comments: