Friday, March 29, 2013

Jeremiah 5 Months Old!

Our sweet little bear is 5 months old already.  He is not willing to stay my little baby as I want but just keeps growing!  
He doesn't have a well visit at 5 months so we don't have exact numbers but I can tell you he is growing.  We had to change out the majority of the 9 month clothes for 12 month clothes the weekend after he turned 5 months.  The next bin of clothes (18 months) is in Zachary's closet to put things into it as Zachary grows out of them.  The buffer of clothing size between them is almost gone.  



Although I think Jeremiah will stay in 12 months clothes for a while now.  It is nice that he has caught up to Zachary's season even though they were born in opposite times of the year.  The clothes Zachary worn last Spring Jeremiah is wearing now so we have the right type of clothes.  

He also has started to do more "tricks."  He laughs when tickled, when we make faces at him or for almost any other reason.  He laughs all the time and it is a wonderful sound to have in the house.  Along with laughing he also just "talks" frequently.  He can sit up but doesn't stay well enough to be left alone for a long time just yet but he holds himself up entirely when I carry him on my hip with one arm.  He rolls over proficiently and is trying to scoot to get a toy or item he wants.  He still wants something in his mouth all the time, fist, pacifier, burp cloth, clothes, whatever he can get in there, we haven't seen any teeth but it has seemed like he is teething for a while.  

We didn't start cereal with him at 4 months, his doctor didn't say anything (I think because he had the ear infection) and I didn't ask because I didn't really want to start.  His ears looked great at his follow up visit two weeks later and he was able to get his immunizations.  His next well visit is April 23rd just after he turns 6 months, hopefully his ears still are infection free at that visit.  




Here is a video example of Jeremiah laughing.  Z is hitting the blocks on the ground to make him laugh.
This is how they entertained themselves while Austin and I worked to changed out Jeremiah's clothes.  As you might be able to see piled on the floor, we put up 2 bins and one diaper box of clothes he has outgrown, kind of sad.   






I really love this picture of him just looking off into the distance.  Happy 5 Months Jeremiah!

1 comment:

Esther said...

What a big boy - and so cute. Love the laugh - they play so well together already!